25 July 2007

Pre-post

After two very busy days at work, I'm at home again today to catch up on what needs to be done and to fiddle with the newly painted walls. I have artwork to hang and I have to buy fabric for curtains and then make them.

I woke a few times through the night with H coughing and sneezing. He was feeling poorly when I went to bed so I think he has either a cold or the flu. I'll take him some lemon and honey tea in soon and see how he's feeling.

Kerry is coming to stay on Thursday - his 26th birthday. We are all going out to his favourite restaurant up in the mountains - King Ludwigs. It's a German restaurant so H and Shane love it too and although they cook up lots of pork and sausage, we know the owners there who also make a delicious vegetarian meal for me. So it's something we're all looking forward to. I hope to make up a birthday cake tomorrow, when I also have to go to a meeting and pick my boy up from the bus station. As usual, we will be busy.

I'll be back shortly to make my real post and to add to your wonderful comments.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. < Give eight random facts about yourself. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog. >

    I'm fairly new to your blog, but I'm tagging you anyway, lol. I can't wait to read your answers! Thanks for playing along!
    joanna :)
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/glad2bheld/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, I love how much you LOVE your boys. It really shines through when you write about them. Makes me smile and think about my grown up kids.

    PS: If any of your boys happen to be looking, I know a very beautiful 23yo (24 in Dec) who is single. He he.....I'm always quietly keeping my eye out for a nice boy from a nice family. LOL! I think it's a mother thing. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, another tagging. Thank you Joanna. This will have to wait a day or two. I'm sorry but I'm a bit busy at the moment. I'll get to it as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by. : )

    Dot, my boys are my best work. : )You know, when I first had my babies - I was 32 when Shane was born and 33 for Kerry - people told me how difficult it was and all sorts of things that I'd never imagined motherhood to be. But along with the difficulities of less sleep and more work, I found so much more to make up for it. Mind you, there were times I thought I'd rip my hair out, but overall it has been a very rewarding part of my life. Even their teenagehood! I was told that when they were teens I'd have big problems and, yes, we did have a couple of problems, nothing major, but each year it just got better. I found that being able to reason with them, treating them with respect and expressing love always got us through. Now we're all close and sometimes my heart just bursts with pride and love for them.

    HA at your attempts to matchmake!! My boys have girlfriends but neither of them want to marry until they'r in their 30s. I think that's quite normal now but maybe they're taking after me. Anyhow, I'll keep that 23 year old, soon to be 24, in mind. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. My elder daughter is getting married next year. She's nearly 19 now & while people tell me that she's far too young, I point out that I was nearly killed at 20 & her fiancé has a stress line over his heart (& is a walking accident zone!), so let them live life together whilst they can. She's found a wonderful man who thinks the world of her & she can trust him absolutely. This girl was beaten severely by her father (including at a youth ambulance camp where she was a student & he staff)& he put unreasonably high expectations on her. The severe beatings came out after his arrest & even now she feels she's failed if she doesn't get 100% in exams. She's found a man she can trust & his family (while not perfect) have shown her what marriage & families can be like. Also next Summer will be the only break in her years at Med School training to be a doctor.....

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig