27 July 2007

And a not so frugal dinner



Here we all are out having dinner last night at the local German restaurant. The boys both ate four courses and it was very interesting listening to their expert discussion about what they were eating and the wording of the menu. Being chefs I guess they never really leave work behind as they have food in their lives every day.


I had one of these organic wheat beers and that filled me up, and then a plate of steamed vegies and a dumpling and could eat no more. The others all had pretzels, potato soup with frankfurts, various types of pork, sauerkraut, red cabbage, dumplings, potatoes, salad, sour cherry dessert, apple strudel, beers, (complimentary) schnapps and coffee. We were sitting next to an open fire, it was warm and comfy, the company was excellent, we had a few laughs, talked non-stop and generally had a wonderful time together. It wasn't a frugal meal but the memories are priceless.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. it's the priceless memories that are important ~ glad you all had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rhonda what a good looking family you have! Your boys look just like their Dad don't they. That beer looks interesting...is it beer? My German is a little rough lol
    I'm glad you had such a wonderful night

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rhonda Jean, you made my day with this post! I was just getting ready to shut down the computer and crawl into bed, and decided to just quickly pop in and visit you, first. I read your lovely beginning post--very nice, and then scrolled down to make sure I didn't miss anything and exclaimed--quite loudly to Rosie, who was sitting beside me--**Hey**!!Great big smile! Yes, what a very handsome family, and you are just beautiful! I just loved hearing about your wonderfully special time, together, and getting to see great photos of you and your dearest loves. Truly, thanks so much for sharing.
    Warmly, Jewels--who is now, off to hit the hay....you have a great day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, that booze looks wonderful! Glad ya'll had a good time :) Love it that they are both chefs. What a lucky mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making memories like that is cetainly priceless. I'm so pleased you had such a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a good time!!! am so glad you were able to spend the time with your boys as i know it is something you have been looking forward to! family togetherness is something to cherish! the moments can become far too few...i am so impressed you've kept up with your blog so well while you've had your son there! glad you have had a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you everyone. Yes, my boys are very special, so is their dad. : )

    Kirsty, yes, it's a German wheat beer. It was very tasty.

    simply authentic, I do most of my blog work when everyone is in bed and as kerry sleeps in, usually till 10ish, I have ample time to catch up here. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fantastic celebration. The food sounds awesome too and since my father is German I have learned to appreciate a good meal!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig