I'm happy to tell you that Hanno and I are fully vaccinated. We had the AstraZeneca vaccine which has been given to millions of people all over the world and up to this point, the over 60s in Australia. It was developed by the Oxford University in England. We had mild fatigue after the first jab and no side effects with the second. I was really impressed when our vaccinations where registered on our MyGov pages BEFORE we got home! I've now have a My Gov digital identity so I can prove I'm fully vaccinated. It's becoming increasingly clear that this is how we'll be able to return to travel, apply for jobs and attend large functions in the future.
Tomorrow I'll plant the parsley in the old sand pit, plant a white daisy called White Lightening and an Armeria called Dreamland. I have some seeds to sow and I want to also plant the rose Elina, a yellow rose I bought for Sunny, that I took a cutting from. My last job in the garden will be to tend the citrus. I want to spray them with white oil for the scale I noticed recently, fertilise with citrus food and prune the large orange tree. We have a large harvest of lemons waiting to be picked and that will give us lemons for cooking and baking as well as a good stash of lemon juice to freeze to make lemon cordial in summer. There's always something to do ... thank goodness.
How are you going? Times are tough all over the world and I often think about the names that appear here. I hope you're staying healthy and safe and remaining optimistic for the future. Have a lovely weekend. xx
🪴 🍄 🪴WEEKEND READING
- Feed your moths and hide your trousers: the expert guide to making clothes last for ever
- Dead, shrivelled frogs are turning up across eastern Australia. What’s going on?
- Love Sets The Table - The name says it all. This food is wonderfully creative and from scratch; it's the best food page I've seen in years. Melanie Hall cooks modern food that reminds me of my mother's and grandmother's cooking, and that's quite an achievement.
- 16 No-Bake Desserts for Blazing Summer Days
- Embracing Our Home Part Two
- Baby Dress (Sewing For Beginners)
- Sewing Basics
- Meet the humanists: ‘You don’t have to be Christian to think of yourself as a good person’
- Mary Oliver on the Measure of a Life Well Lived and How to Maximize Our Aliveness
- Natural, Homemade Laundry Soaps
- Harvesting Three Types Nectarines and Canning for Baking in Winter
- Firewood, rice, oil, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, and tea