23 October 2015

Weekend reading

I have my final blogging workshop tomorrow then there is nothing planned for three weeks. The weather is getting hotter here and I have to say, November is my least favoured month. I hope you have good weather for whatever you're doing on the weekend. See you all next week.

Embroidered cat shirts go viral
Weekly cleaning schedule
Tim and Hannah's affordable DIY self-sustainable micro cabin
Probiotic bacteria may aid against anxiety and memory problems
Living on our food storage
Why low-tech living is back
Making art, caregiving and loving my mother who has dementia
Crisps, betties, buckles and slumps: The Who’s Who of fruit desserts

And finally, I'll be doing some free library talks soon. If you're around, maybe you'd like to come along.  Bookings essential.


Title
Date
Time
End Time
Library
Frugal Festivities
26/11/2015
10:00 AM
11:30 AM
Kawana Library
Frugal Festivities
27/11/2015
10:00 AM
11:30 AM
Maleny Library
Frugal Festivities
1/12/2015
10:00 AM
11:30 AM
Coolum Library
Frugal Festivities
2/12/2015
10:00 AM
11:30 AM
Nambour Library
Frugal Festivities
4/12/2015
10:00 AM
11:30 AM
Beerwah Library
Frugal Festivities
8/12/2015
10:00 AM
11:30 AM
Caloundra Library
Frugal Festivities
10/12/2015
10:30 AM
12:00 PM
Maroochydore Library


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love the cat shirts and I am not a big cat person. (give me a dog anyday) But I know a friend who would love one of those shirts.
    I am also a huge fan of the Prudent Homemaker. Her site is amazing. Her gardens and tips are outstanding, especially when you learn she lives in the desert of Nevada. What she can grow for her family is outstanding.
    Thanks for the good links. I love the small cabin. I could manage with that kitchen and make some nice meals. What would make me cringe is NO BATHROOM. I need my bathroom. I might could share it, but I need my toilet, sink, and shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda, is that a compost bin behind the lettuce - would mind telling me where you got from please. Thanks, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen. Yes, it's a compost bucket with lid. I bought it at Aldi a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  3. A great reading list this week - wow! Oh and we have LOVELY libraries down here in the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie area...you should try them out some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a drive for a 90 minute talk, Phil. ; - )

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for your weekend reading posts. I look forward to reading them every Thursday evening (in the US). They are always a welcome respite with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have nothing planned for three weeks... I can only dream of that. Just wanted to drop a line really to say I look forward for your inspirational weekend reading and this week is no dissapointment! - Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Essex "wonder house" is quite spectacular but I can't help wondering--who dusts all that stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness. The living on food storage article is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot thank you enough for linking the article on living on food storage. I read that blog a long time ago and could never find it again. And now I have thanks to you!! Thank you so very much!

    Blessings,

    Lauren

    P.S. Thank you for doing Anonymous so I don't have to sign up for something to be allowed to comment! I have wanted to comment before but never have.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig