30 August 2013

Weekend reading


I'm looking forward to a seeing Shane and Alex this weekend. We'll be looking after Jamie too so having the two boys here together will be wonderful. I hope you're doing something you love over the next few days.

My simple living masterclass at the Brisbane Writers' Festival is booked out now, it's on next Friday. If you read my blog and have booked a place, please introduce yourself when you're there. I'm also doing a panel discussion about simple life with Antonia Kidman on Sunday 8 September from 10am till 11 am. Tickets are $12 - $16 and you can book online here. I hope to see you there.

- - - ♥ - - -

'Stories of Simplicity: Reimagining the Good Life' - there are many stories here about people who are living simply
How to be a gardener - the productive garden on You Tube
Another feather: here are some beautiful photos taken at a baking workshop.
We've been talking a lot about food security and home-grown produce lately and here is an organisation trying to do something about it. They need $25,000 to make a documentary, $12,5000 is already pleadged. Can you help? 

From the comments during the week
Winkels Crazy Ideas
Domestic Felicity
Maas Journal

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Hi Rhonda, sounds like a lovely time for you with the family. Photos please! I will be helping my daughter move, and hopefully relaxing at home. Enjoy your weekend, Kathryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you sewing Rhonda...the fabric looks interesting? Have a lovely time with your boys, perfect weather now for hanging out in the garden with littlies. Nanette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nanette. Yes, I'm looking forward to the weekend. I was sewing a sun hat for one of the boys.

      Delete
    2. Would be lovely to see the finished sunhat..

      Delete
  3. That is a great bunch of lists to work through there, Rhonda. Thank you.

    Have a great weekend. How wonderful to have those two little cousins together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the grandkids this weekend too and we will be planting out some seeds. enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. web statics
    This is an informative blog by which I have got that info which I really wanted to get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful weekend with the little ones! We'll be walking the dog and enjoying our time together. And I will make more of that delicious cheese you posted about a couple of days ago - I've already made a small batch to try it out and it was lovely. Thanks again for the recipe. Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest
    authoring on other sites? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you're even
    remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.


    my weblog: https://www.quantcast.com/igor-purlantov.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rhonda, thank you for linking to my blog, that was a nice surprise. Have a lovely weekend big and small. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rhonda,

    Watched the Productive Garden video with Alan Titchmarsh. Was an enjoyable half hour. Alan has a huge fanbase here in the UK, especially among the more mature lady ;-)

    I've been digging over the garden preparing it for grass seed (long story) but I'm taking it easy todayand just going for a wander around the local garden centre looking for inspiration.

    Have a great weekend with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Rhonda.
    you write FRIENDLY simple living forum??

    did you by thet mean that the OTHER simple living forum

    www.simplelivingforum.net

    isn`t friendly??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally enjoying this link: How to be a gardener - the productive garden on You Tube. Thank you so much for sharing. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig