16 August 2013

Weekend reading

I did the last of my library sessions at the Noosa Library yesterday. It's been a real pleasure to go out to these libraries and talk about my simple life. Most of the people who came along didn't know me so it was great to be able to talk to people who are just starting out on their own simple life adventure. But what I really loved was meeting the many blog readers who came along to say hello. That made me so happy. Thanks for taking the time and for saying hello. These sessions were really successful, with most of them booked out. The library has booked me for more talks next year so I'll have to start thinking about that to make up another set of useful and thought-provoking sessions. If you have any ideas, send me an email. 

Thanks for your visits during the week. I appreciate your thoughts, good wishes and ideas coming in through the comments. Have a lovely weekend and don't forget to look after yourself. (I mean it.)

Hanno, Kerry and Jamie spent the day together at Australia Zoo on Wednesday. Pictured here is Jamie standing on top of one of the huge crocodiles they have there.

When I went on my book tour, well over a year ago now, I walked into the foyer of Penguin in Melbourne, and heard someone speak my name. It was Kate from Foxs Lane! We had a brief chat and went our separate ways. Now I see she has published her book. It's called Vantastic and it looks like a great read. If you want to smile today, and keep smiling, go and have a look at Vantastic, the film. I haven't done a lot of blog reading lately but I'm really pleased I found Kate again, just as Vantasic arrived. Check all three links, they're not the same. :- )

Making do with what you've got - withchinthekitchen

How to make sauerkraut - cityhippyfarmgirl



From the comments here this week:




SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Jamie looks like he is enjoying Australia Zoo, Rhonda. My kids loved it when we went years ago. At least it isn't far from your place.

    I have had some 'dubious' results with my sauerkraut so just checked out the link you gave. Thanks for that. Somehow I can make something so obviously easy to make quite difficult! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only just discovered your blog. It is fantastic, I spent all yesterday afternoon reading various posts. So much information. I have only just started my blog on simple living, you are an inspiration. Just went and had a look at the sauerkraut link. Thanks for that, it is something I always wanted to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda,

    you have a lovely weekend and look after yourself too :)

    Madeleine.X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda,

    Just wanted to thankyou for your blog! My husband is facing possible redundancy this coming week and while I am praying and praying and praying it doesn't happen, I know we will be okay as we have lived many of the principles you have outlined over the years. We have no debts, grow vegetables (in pots, our rental doesnt have a garden) and we make do. Thankyou for providing guidance and inspiration.

    SG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. I hope he's not made redundant. It seems this financial crisis hits when you least expect it. Stay strong you two. I'll be thinking of you.

      Delete
    2. Me, too. I hope everything stays the same for you. But if he is made redundant, it might be a chance for a little home business for one or both of you. It is a possibility!

      Delete
  5. Hi Rhonda,

    Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your weekend reading posts. I've discovered some really good blogs through you posting links to them, and had some lovely new visitors to my own when you shared my link. This is such a nice way to grow the community.

    Enjoy your weekend.
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda, I like your blog and loved it on blogionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleasure to walk on your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda, thank you so much for the shout-out! Hope this weekend finds you well and crafting beautiful treasures in your kitchen. much love, Jess (the "kitchen witch")

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the weekend reading links. I have really enjoyed all of them since I started reading your blog.

    I read the True Story of a Seven Year Marriage and had to smile. Marriage can be a fairy tale but you have to understand that on some days you will see the Prince and on other days the Frog and on some days he will see you as the Princess and on other days as the Poison Apple Queen. The trick is to never fall out of love at the same time.

    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sitting quietly,listening to the birds, watching the fiery red sunrise and enjoying my favourite Saturday morning pastime of " Weekend Reading". Thank you for the the link to Fox's Lane ...... A perfect match for my mood this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Rhonda! I really enjoyed your talk at Noosa on Thursday. When I signed up I didn't know who was presenting. When I arrived I thought you looked familiar. Then I saw you book and realised who you are! :) I read your blog often in its earlier years, when we were living in Dubai. You inspired me to keep working at a few 'simple' things while we lived amongst that culture of excess! I still use the dish cloths I knitted then, after teaching myself to knit by following online lessons. I am so pleased to have 'found' you again. :) Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nicole, thank you. You should have come over and said hello. It's good to hear that your dishcloths are still going strong.

      Delete
  12. Dear Rhonda, I finished your book earlier this week (pages well thumbed already... ginger beer plant sitting on the lounge mantelepiece) and have to report that I found it inspirational! It will not be one of those books that sits in our bookcase gathering dust. I am also very pleased to report that my husband has read some excerpts and is looking forward to me implementing the 'snowballing debt repayments' system. Incidentally, do you think there will be some future 'swap' activities? I am so sorry I didn't hear about your blog sooner so I could participate in such fun worthwhile exercises. Best of wishes, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. I'm pleased you got something from the book. I don't do swaps here on the blog now because there are frequent swaps at the forum. Just join up, it's free, and you can join in. There is a sign on for a swap happening now.

      Delete
  13. Oh Rhonda Jean, thank you, thank you for the all the links.
    I was also thinking back to that day in the foyer recently.
    How I still wish I'd had my copy of your book on me for you to sign and how I wish we'd had a chance to have a coffee and a chat. Would have been lovely.
    Hopefully one day...
    Love to you guys.
    And thank you again.
    Love Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just read the *Is there really organic honey?* link and think that's sad that honey can be like she says. My husband works with a beekeeper and most of their honey is certified organic...It means a lot more work for them but there is real organic honey, at least over here in WA.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig