8 March 2013

The first workshop + weekend reading

We did it! The first of 16 free workshops at our local libraries. The session was booked out, they had seven on the waiting list and six walked in without booking. I'm not sure what happened to them, they were redirected back to the front desk. We had a look at the feedback forms and we had very positive feedback from the group who came along.


Of course there are a few things we have to change, but we knew we'd be doing that; it would be a rare workshop it the first run through was perfect. I can say that the future of blogging looks pretty secure if our first group is anything to go by. About eight of them already had blogs, the rest were absolute beginners and I think they are keen to get at it because there were a lot of sensible questions.

The staff at the Maroochydore library were wonderful. I had given an author talk there before so I knew we'd be looked after. Libraries as so much more than books now. The head librarian there was talking about seeds saving groups this morning, which I think is a brilliant idea.  Tomorrow afternoon we do the first writers workshop at Noosa then there are two and a half weeks of workshops on every day except Mondays. All the blogging workshops are booked out and the writing ones are almost full. Ernie created a new website for us - http://thebloggingworkshop.com and if you look in the blog menu, there is a post there about yesterday's workshop.

Thank you for your visits during the week. I hope your weekend is all you hope for.

WEEKEND READING






FROM THE COMMENTS DURING THE WEEK



SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I'm delighted to hear the workshop was such a success Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda
    I attended your workshop at the Maroochydore library yesterday.
    Thank you so much for all the information.
    I already have set up my blog. It was easy after the workshop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Doris. I'm so pleased we were able to help. I hope you enjoy blogging.

      Delete
  3. Well done! It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time! Just wish I could have joined in :-) Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to attend! We had a blogging workshop at our central library in Austin, TX last month and I learned so much.

    You are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived closer! Our library system is awful here....and as a community hub, well they tend to focus on one of the many libraries within the region, which is miles from us so we never get the workshops or any such things....not even story time :( Nevermind, as soon as I have more time I plan to change that. I just love libraries - it is possibly the most kind idea in an often unkind world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that money article was mind boggling and made me start to understand why so many marriages/relationships break up over money!
    i really don't understand how people can be commited to a marriage/relationship if everything financial is separate? that kind of relationship is not a team effort and is more like 2 individuals living together- but separately... no wonder money causes so many fights in these relationships!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!!!!Leiani,Perth WA

    ReplyDelete
  8. How brilliant Rhonda! I wish I could come, but alas. Hope you have a good run with the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! Congratulations on a very successful workshop. It is good to see so many eager to learn new skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an excellent idea for workshops! I wish you'd been around about a year ago when I first took my own faltering steps as a blogger! Well, you learn as you go, don't you, and pick up tips along the way. Which is what I'm doing with your excellent blog. Thank you for mentioning me here, Rhonda - I had been wondering where the heck all the Australian and Kiwi viewers were coming from!! Now I know.Lx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I would go to a blogging workshop. Been blogging for a few years on and off and it is funny that now when I go to very successful blogs I look at them much more differently then just the reading but the set up and how the blogger is making a living off of the blog. Some using Amazon affiliate programs while others sell books. As a stay at home mother of 3 I am always game to learn how to add a little something to help with expenses and who doesn't like a massage every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig