25 October 2013

Weekend reading


Another week has come and gone. Time seems to go so fast now. Does that mean I'm old(er)? Thank you for joining me here during the week. I'll be spending time in the location pictured above - our front verandah. Enjoy your weekend, spend it with those you love and recharge for next week.  XX

Michael Pollan's family meals
Putting a meal on the table, even when you're dead
Butter and cheese are better
Eumaeus and the Worm
Peace Country Homestead
Coal House - life in 1927 in a small mining town - Youtube
In a soup - many great soup recipes for my friends going into the colder weather.
Your own backyard 

From the comments here during the week

Wilderness Dweller
Flood-proof Mum
Nutmeg and Linen

PLEASE NOTE:
There seems to be a problem with Blogger today and I've lost comments from this and other posts. I apologise to everyone who left a comment that has disappeared. I'm trying to get them back.

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Rhonda, I really love that outdoor setting it looks so cosy. What a nice spot to spend some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch area looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely relaxing weekend - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful space to read, stitch, relax or just do nothing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda, that is a nice area to relax in. Very inviting. I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Hopefully it won't be too hot for you up there in Paradise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading your link "Putting a meal on the table, even when you're dead" brought back to me some beautiful yet bittersweet memories of my family all sitting together enjoying my father's last pot of soup on the day he passed away. I have tears in my eyes but also a smile on my face, eleven years on. Thank you for bringing that memory back to me. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Weekend Reading........ Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Putting a meal on the table, even when you're dead" while the bluntness of the heading really took me a back, you or I could have had no idea when you selected your weekend reading list, how fitting that choice you made, would be to me this morning - my mother in law passed away yesterday and as I sat reading this, tears rolling down my cheeks of how true this was of her.. I thought of a beautiful and very, very old well used cook book she gave me a few months back, it came over from Scotland with her and I know, that everyday I touch or use it, she has left a mealtime legacy for us all..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so look forward to your weekend reading list. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your front veranda is beautiful!!! What an absolutely lovely place to relax and recharge! I hope you have been enjoying your weekend! :)
    Warmly,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your home Rhonda. Cosy and unpretentious.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig