7 December 2012

Weekend reading

Thank you all for your visits and comments this week. I'm running so far behind answering emails and comments I'm not sure I'll get to them. My problem is that I don't want to spend a lot of time writing about living my life, I'd rather be out there doing it. There are so many things to do at the moment, I'm sure we're all in the same situation, so thank you for understanding.

Homeless deaths in Totnes

The delusion of growth

Fear is not a lifestyle choice

A very good article on saving vegetable seeds - Mother Earth

Are homemade Christmas presents always better?

Braised neck of lamb with apricots - from Nigel

What to do with your old Christmas cards - Dutch Sisters

Amazing montages of old and new photos of the same place - Spitalfields Life

FROM OUR COMMENTS DURING THE WEEK

Lone Pine Farm - if you love horses as I do, have a look at the beautiful John Boy. Scroll down to see the rescue animals

Make Sew Bake Grow - Christmas prep and scroll down for wanting less money

Rabidlittlehippy - getting ready to move to the country
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I really enjoyed that photo montage link. Thanks so much for sharing. I've looked a a number of collections where a photo is take from the same view during different times, but I've never seen them merged into one image before. Cool. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a restful weekend, Rhonda. Dont worry about answering my PM. I understand how much time it takes to get round to answering multiple emails etc plus the maintenance on the forum which you are doing today.

    Thanks for those links to interesting sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda,
    I meant to comment yesterday and let you know I was thinking of your wee little grandie, I hope it is nothing serious and he is on the mend soon. As it gets closer to Christmas, I think it is the perfect time to analyse where we are spending our time, and it sounds as if you are in that process right now. I hope you find the rest you need.
    Thanks for the link to my blog.... I'm not all that interested in blog stats, except to say, I think my sleepy little blog is in shock this morning at the sudden rise in traffic!!
    Have a good weekend.
    Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those first three articles are sad, the first and third downright heartbreaking. But they're all important. Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a lovely, lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that looks like interesting reading for the weekend thank you rhonda and yes it's very busy time you just enjoy yourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the links, sad articles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wondering Rhonda, about why there are so many links to U.K. stories. Surely you see this type of thing in all countries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MaidofKent. Yes, there are homeless people in every country. Some of the voluntary work I used to do in my own community was with the homeless in my region. It isn't a criticism of the UK, I guess it's kind of a back-handed compliment. The Guardian is my newspaper of choice. I find it gives coverage over a wide range of topics, the writing is excellent and, I believe, easy to understand. That is why I link to it so often. I read it almost every day and just pick out the bits I want to pass on.

      Delete
  8. I do look forward to your weekend really enjoy reading the articles and blogs. I loved the seedsaving information this week.

    Thank you for taking the time to list them each week

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig