15 December 2012

Down to Earth eBook is published today

The Down to Earth eBook is being released by Penguin today. Yipee! I had a few sample pages emailed to me last week and I'm really pleased to tell you that they've retained the beautiful look of the print book. That's quite a feat because formatting illustrated books with a lot of photos can be quite a difficult process.  But they're done it and if you've been waiting for the eBook, you can buy it today. It will be sold for $19.95 (although Amazon has it listed for slightly over $20) and is available in Australia only, initially through Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, Google, Readcloud and Booki.sh.

If you have an ipad, tablet or a Kindle you know to just go to the appropriate retailer and download the book. However, even if you don't have one of those devices, you can also read it on your computer. I'm still not absolutely clear about the software to read eBooks so I asked my publisher for her advice and she sent this information from the eBook guru.

"[your eBook is] good for all devices – so it can be bought through Amazon (for Kindle), iTunes (for ipad, iphone etc), Kobo, Google, Readcloud and Booki.sh – or indeed from penguin.com.au.

And if you want to read on a desktop and you download from us then we recommend downloading Adobe Digital Editions – which is free – there’s instructions on our website.

Booki.sh and Google have a browser that opens when you download the ebook – so it depends where you buy it from is the real answer – I think all Rhonda needs to do is direct people to the retailers and the rest will take care of itself…"
I just checked iTunes and Penguin and it's not available yet but it's ready to go on Amazon.

There is some information here about downloading the software to read Kindle books on a PC or Mac. I downloaded the Kindle software yesterday and I was up and running with my own Kindle library within minutes. I also downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and it was simple and fast. I've not yet read the book here on my computer but I hope to download from the Penguin site soon and read it on Adobe Digital Editions.

I don't usually recommend you get things you don't need, and software is the same. However, there are quite a few free eBooks available to download and if you have Digital Editions or the Kindle software installed on your computer, you can download and read them.

Free eBooks: The Gutenberg Project - many of the classics
For pre-schoolers and younger children
More free eBooks for adults

And if you do buy my book, I hope you enjoy it and I thank you for your support. :- )

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Is your cheese ebook available? I'm very interested in getting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette, I'm still tweaking the last recipe for the cheese book. It will be out at the end of next week.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that your ebook is published now. I do want to tell you, though, that I so love having my very own hard copy of your book. The cover is wonderful and I love the little drawings, etc. on the pages. Your book is one of my most favorite reference books and it's also such a satisfying "feel good" book. It makes me smile to see it sitting on my bedside table.

    Love from Diane in North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same about the feel of the book.

      Delete
  3. I dont have an kindle or anything similar... but I am tempted... just dont seem to have enough room for all my books these days.. lol

    Wishing you lots of good fortune with your books... if they become available outside Australia i'll take a look...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pink. It is much more ecologically sound to ePublish. I'll be starting on the US version of Down to Earth eBook after Christmas. :- )

      Delete
  4. Will this ebook be available for your U. S. fans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanny, no, Penguin only has the copyright for Australia and NZ. I do have an agent in the US - Park Literary in NCY, and Abby has convinced me to put out a version for North America. I'll start doing that after Christmas.

      Delete

Blogger Template by pipdig