3 August 2008

Swap News and a few Fun Links

Hello all. I wanted to drop in to remind everyone that the deadline for either the pin cushion/needle book or for those who chose the water bottle holder will be coming up next month-September 6, 2008. Pleas don't forget to take photos of your handiwork also and send them to me, Sharon at: cdetroyes at yahoo dot com. I will then post them all on our flickr account. I wanted to give you a few links that relate to the posts and ideas on how to save money that Rhonda and all of you have been putting on the blog this week. We are all striving to save our money and live as simply as we can, knowing that 'one size' does not fit all. We must pick and choose, modify and fold, striving to fit new ideas into our lives-this is truly an ongoing learning process. I have found a few links that we can fit into our lives and save us a bit of money all the while having a bit of fun in the process of learning and creating. Here is an idea for those colds and flus that always seem to hit us as the seasons change: http://www.ehow.com/how_2059479_simple-homemade-vapour-rub.html to go along with that here is a non-petroleum jelly http://www.care2.com/greenliving/non-petroleum-jelly-formula.html . For a bit of fun with the children and as great gifts for teens : http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Bath-Bombs/?ALLSTEPS To save money and recycle old clothes when one already has plenty of rags here is an idea for kitting them that you can use to make all sorts of rugs and other things (just don't forget a non-slip mat if you make the rugs-especially in the bathroom!!) http://www.cocoknits.com/info/tutorials/ragknit.html And for the animal lovers (like me) here are two fun ideas that can provide our pets with recycled fun: http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/catchaise and http://evidentlylost.blogspot.com/2008/07/doggie-bones.html Until next time- remember to have fun all the while creating a more fugal and simpler life! Sharon
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Those are wonderful links with a wealth of helpful information. Thank you so much for sharing. As always, looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda Jean -

    I think your blog is a wonderful wealth of information and inspiration. I have been reading it for a couple of months now.I have an award I'd like to share with you, to thank you. Please, come on over and pick it up!
    Thanks again, Kathy
    www.WorkingHands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog site....thank you for making your experiences available to all. I have always tried to live carefully but you offer so many different ideas of other things to try. Some I simply don't have the time for at the moment (sport active teenage children) but once they are older and able to get around themselves I will certainly be trying more things. Nice to know there are other like-minded people out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, thank you for these great links.

    Thank you Kathy, you're very kind.

    Thanks yaya and andrea. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, great links. I shall be trying the non petroleum jelly one.
    Hugs Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, thanks for the links. I've been wanting to make a rag rug for a while, so that link was very helpful. So much simpler than sewing the strips together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really apprecite your blog. There is so much to glean there, even for an oldtimer like me. i haven't checked out the links, but I'm new to all of this, so I am anxious to try some of the links. Many Blessings. I am at www.homesteadblogger.com/charityneverfaileth/

    ReplyDelete
  8. *giggle* Rhonda I was going to make that same laundry powder recipe tomorrow and post it in my blog... Looks like you and your time difference beet me to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig