I showed you a photo of our sofa recently but I've gone closer now so you can see the Australia cushion made by my sister, Tricia. She upcycled an old wool blanket, made the little pom-poms from scrap materials and embroidered the Coat of Arms. I love it. I want to make another small cushion for this area, I've decided on the design so I'll go through my stash to make sure I have the materials I need.
After spending almost two years growing out my layers, my hair is now a blunt cut below my shoulders. I like having long hair because I can wear it up or down. But the sad truth is it takes a long time to wash and dry, and the shower, which is a dangerous place for me anyway because of my dizziness, becomes a slippery accident waiting to happen with shampoo and hair conditioner on the tiles. So I'm having my hair cut short again next week. It will be easier to care for and in summer I can wash my hair every day if I want to. I hope I don't chicken out before the big day. 😳
I hope you're doing well wherever you are in the world. With the recent increase in Covid cases, including many here in Australia, it's made me realise that this virus will probably be around for a long time and we all need to stay safe in our homes as much as we can. Going out brings it's own problems so I hope you're continuing to distance from others, wear a mask, wash your hands and listen to the advice given by our various governments. If you're in lockdown, remember you're doing it for a reason and it won't last forever. I know many of you are homeschooling, working from home and trying to remain calm with people at home all the time but I hope you use some of the time to rest and fluff your nest too. It's all important and you deserve peace of mind too.
- These first two links are for all the people around the world who are isolating and for everyone who would like a day in the sun, swimming in a sunny paradise. Australia's borders are closed to tourists now and will be for the foreseeable future, but these photos might help you get through the week because they offer the promise of future happiness. BYW, the last beach in the first link is my local beach. 'Like you've escaped to a magical island': surfers, rockers and swimmers on their favourite winter beaches AND ... Waterfalls, gorges and hot springs: go for a swim in our favourite inland pools
- Seedsavers - includes two interesting free downloads
- Hot dogs: what soaring puppy thefts tell us about Britain today
- 'Out of control': Australia has a new style manual, but not everyone is happy The Style Manual is a guide to how to write the English language in newspapers, magazines, books etc.
- Pasta Grannies enjoy Helena's easy-to-make apple strudel
- Lady's work mittens
- Ball Blue Book - Guide to Preserving 2010 edition Plenty of good recipes in here, although in Australia and the UK we usually don't water bath our jams.
- I Tracked Every Single Cent That My Family Spent on Food Last Year and Here’s What I Learned
- I fought ageing hard before deciding to go grey. It was the start of a brilliant new midlife
- Do or dye: why women daren’t go grey (unless they’re very brave or very young)