12 September 2018

Dear friends ...

Dear friends

I haven't been here for a couple of weeks because Hanno was sick, then I got a cold and it became easier to stay away. I've thought a lot about the blog during that time and I know now the time is right for me to step away. The blog will stay where it is, so you can come back to read when you want to, but in a couple of weeks I'll close down the ability to leave comments. I might return for a single post in the future if there is something important to share but this will be the last regular post. I've made a few posts on Instagram recently and I might continue there, but I'm not sure about that yet.



As I move ahead in the next few weeks I'll be making a small tablecloth from an old white cotton doona cover; I have to declutter, clean and organise the bush house so it's ready to act as a plant haven over the hot months ahead; and I have a lot of sewing and mending waiting. So really, I'll just be carrying on as usual, hand-making a life that feels comfortable and right.

I hope that over the past 11 years I've shared some of the information you needed to build your own comfortable and right life too, or at the very least the motivation and desire to start the process. Always remember that your life does not have to look like anyone else's but it has to feel right for you. Building a new life for yourself and your family is a bit like putting a patchwork quilt together.  You choose the skills you need to learn, match them with others that you might already know, try each as you go and if it feels right, keep it as part of your overall pattern. Then go on to the next skill, and the next. This is not a one-size-fits-all kind of lifestyle. It's most definitely a unique fit for all of us.

Thank you for your visits and comments over the years and thanks for your support of my wonderful sponsors. They are all fine examples of how well retail business can work with sustainable outcomes in small or large communities. Thanks for buying my books and if you have bought any of my books, I hope you'll leave a comment on Goodreads or on the website where you bought your copy. It does help with sales and I'd appreciate you taking the time to do it.

I'm proud of this community and how we supported each other over the years and I'll take those memories and many friends with me. I hope your simplified life continues to support you in many good ways in the coming years. Don't forget to take the time to stop and appreciate what you have around you.

With love, Rhonda  xx

ADDED 24 September, 2018
My sincere thanks to you all for your kind words and love. I'm cutting off the comments now but the blog will stay for you to return to whenever you like. ❤️

SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig