DOWN TO EARTH SIMPLE LIVING FORUMS

DOWN TO EARTH SIMPLE LIVING FORUMS
I have a forum attached to my blog where people from all over the world meet to discuss simple life. There are about 7000 forum members now so we have an enormous amount of good information about growing food, cooking from scratch, family, simple living, routines, budgeting, baking and much more. Please click on the image above to go there. Newcomers will have to register. It's free, friendly and we're waiting for you.

11 June 2011

Weekend reading

A few places of interest if you're looking for interesting info:

Making the most of the comfrey you're growing.
A lovely new (to me) blog.
A quick project - crocheted cup cosy.
Baked blueberry oatmeal
How to use whey, including how to ferment vegetables using whey.

Enjoy your weekend!  ♥

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog that Ivy Nest is. I enjoyed it so much that I've added it to my list. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful links Rhonda ;)

    Hope everyone can find a use for the cosies - feedback always appreciated.

    Especially like the link about using whey - just started my cheese making journey and there is only so much whey a pet dog should drink I'm thinking !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've added the delightful Ivy Nest too - thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links! Along the same lines, here is a lacto-fermented rhubarb chutney recipe I came across just this morning: http://www.plantoeat.com/blog/2011/06/lacto-fermented-rhubarb-chutney/

    I also recently found a second hand copy of a book by Nancy Lee Bentley called "Truly Cultured"...it is a great resource for fermented and cultured food recipes. She has a website as well but I find it to be a bit convoluted and prefer the simplicity of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Rhonda. So flattered to discover my little blog on the list. Hope you had a wonderful long weekend. Off now to check out your knitting post :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment today. I love reading your opinions and thoughts. We have built up a wonderfully diverse community here that I'm very proud to be a part of.

A link to your blog will be automatically added to your comment. Please don't add another link to your blog in your comment. Those comments will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...