We have done all the usual things here like:
- Exchange all old electricity globes with compact fluros.
- Turn off appliances at the wall. Reorganise your appliances to make this as easy as possible.
- Turn off all those chargers with a black box on them at the wall, every time you finish charging. Those things really suck up the power, even when they're not charging but still "on".
- When buying new appliances, always buy the best energy rating you can afford.
- Sweep the floor instead of vacuuming, wash up by hand instead of using the dishwasher.
As soon as you finish reading this, I want you all to turn your computers to standby mode. Read about it here: http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/computers.html
So now it's over to you. Please add your electricity saving tips. Please be generous and share what you know with us.