Christmas gifts from Odgers and McClelland

Many people are starting to think about Christmas and while I don't recommend you start shopping and blow your budget, if you're looking for good quality gifts and you're in Australia, I might have some useful information for you.  My sponsors, Megan and Duncan at Odgers and McClelland Exchange Stores, offer a wide variety of good quality, useful products that suit the simple home down to a tee.


Growlers - used to transport fermenting brews.

The items they sell facilitate the productive side of life  and many of them are hard to find elsewhere.  If you're looking for gifts, or for items for your own home, have a look at the website and  I'm sure you'll find goods you'd be happy to give or to have in your home.



I have several of their jugs - both the Romanian enamelware and the Robert Gordon porcelain jugs. They're practical, beautiful and decorative. I have a number of their Falconware enamelware items too. It's all durable, very useable, good quality and will last a lifetime if you care for it. Don't forget the garden products if you have a keen gardener in your family. I've been using the Burgon and Ball hand trowel, fork and watering can and absolutely love them all. At the moment I have my eye on the short leather gardening gloves at $33.95 and the Sophie Conran trug at $54.95. Both would make excellent gifts for gardeners. Looking for a pudding bowl?  Have a look at the Forest pudding bowl and the plain ones, both are excellent quality and won't let you down.

Robert Gordon jug, in one of many beautiful colours.

It's difficult trying to buy good quality gifts that actually fit into the lifestyle of the person you're giving to. I'm happy to recommend Odgers and McClelland Exchange Stores. They offer a fast and friendly service and will post to everywhere in Australia.

PLEASE NOTE: Megan said the soap savers are in the store again. If you missed out before, send her an email.


13 comments

  1. Last year I purchased enamel mugs for hubby to have in the shed and a safety razor and shaving brush for my son. Both men loved these gifts and use them regularly. My order was filled and shipped quickly to me. I was happy with the product and the service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback, Jane. I buy shaving gear too that my husband loves. Duncan was kind enough to recommend a brand for Hanno and it's been excellent on his sensitive skin.

      Delete
  2. I could spend a fortune there! LOL
    It's a beautiful shop, and one I have had the privilege of visiting once. I have one of their large ceramic mixing bowls, it is so light weight (and pretty) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe that i LITERALLY just placed an order on their website for this exact bucket as a thankyou present for Christmas... and 2 minutes later i check in here to find that you have suggested the same thing! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year I bought for my youngest son a set of Falcon (??) enamelled baking dishes in varying sizes. Comparable prices to other places and very prompt service.

    He loves them and they remind him of dishes my mum used in a little holiday house in Blue Mountains. I would happily recommend them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have some lovely things, that would fit well with any simple home. That jug is just absolutely beautiful, my favourite shade of green. I have an older and much chipped jug of that colour which I now use just for flowers or to stand utensils in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to wander around this store Rhonda when I visit Nundle. It's so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Vintage Rose. It's like stepping back in time. It's a beautiful store run by beautiful people.

      Delete
  7. I just ordered a soap saver & some dish & pot brushes on the weekend, so I'm looking forward to receiving them. I also have a Robert Gordon jug & lasagne dish which are both beautiful & useful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be pleased to know that on my secret santa list I have simply written "anything from Odgers and McClelland" can hardly wait to see what I get. If I lived in USA I would be doing the same but using Lehmanns catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im looking at the enamel tea kettle.... Does it go straight on the stove? Does it need to be lifted and poured with a cloth due to the hot handle??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Falcon enamel tea pot. It doesn't go straight on the stove. You add loose tea or a tea bag to the pot and pour on boiling water. The handle doesn't get hot so you don't need a cloth to pick it up. It's a great tea pot. I've had mine for about two years now and it still looks brand new, even though I use it every day.

      Delete

DEAR READERS, PLEASE NOTE:
Thank you for taking the time to comment today. I love reading your thoughts and ideas.
Comments containing personal or commercial links will not be published.
All comments in English, please.

Back to Top