DOWN TO EARTH SIMPLE LIVING FORUMS

DOWN TO EARTH SIMPLE LIVING FORUMS
I have a forum attached to my blog where people from all over the world meet to discuss simple life. There are about 7000 forum members now so we have an enormous amount of good information about growing food, cooking from scratch, family, simple living, routines, budgeting, baking and much more. Please click on the image above to go there. Newcomers will have to register. It's free, friendly and we're waiting for you.

7 December 2013

Using Ecostore dish liquid and hand wash

Another of my valued sponsors is Ecostore; they also sponsor the Down to Earth Forum. Ecostore produce a large range of environmentally-friendly products for personal hygiene and general household cleaning. Hanno and I both have sensitive skin and have to be very careful washing up and cleaning our hands. The Ecostore dish liquid does an excellent job on our dishes, you don't need to use much and it does no harm to our hands. We had a small amount of supermarket dish liquid in the cupboard that Hanno decided to use up and the next day he had itching rashes on his hands again. That convinced him to stay with the Ecostore product. We like the hand wash liquid for the same reasons. We order both these products in a 5 litre container, they last a long time and save on both packaging and postage. If you're interested in buying the larger sizes, look in the "size" section of the product description for the details.


As you know, we decided long ago to home produce as much as we can. I've made my own dish liquid, and made a very good liquid soap, but it took a couple of days to make and the batch yielded only about two litres. To make enough for our own needs I would have to make up a batch every month and I wasn't prepared to do that. I'm still making laundry liquid and soap that we use in the shower and as shampoo. I also make all the cleaners I use here. But I'm a practical woman and I want a back up system when I can't do what I want to do. When I can't make what I need, I use Ecostore because I trust the brand. I recommend them to you as well. Your skin is your body's largest organ; you must be able to trust what you use on your skin. So every day I use a mix of my home produced soap and cleaners, Ecostore hand wash and dish liquid. If I was sick or too busy to make my own, I know I can rely on the Ecostore products.

Ecostore is available is various supermarkets around Australia and New Zealand and there is an online North American store. Most of the shops stocking Ecostore don't take the entire range so for your convenience, that is listed at their new online store.  They've just introduced a new fragrance - geranium and orange, but still have their fragrance-free products as well.

Find a stockist in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong or Singapore

10 comments:

  1. I have been using Ecostore dishwashing liquid ever since you first recommended it. I love it - its cheap, lasts a long time, smells lovely and is gentle on my hands. I get the hand wash sometimes too. I made a great household cleaning spray using the detergent (Miracle Spray) which I posted on my blog - it is fantastic for cleaning where a stronger anti-bac spray isn't needed - sinks, marks on walls, spot cleaning, bench tops etc. It also removes sweaty marks from my hubby's business shirt collars where nothing else did. You might also like the link to the Cheapskates Club which is there too.

    http://simplyjoolz.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/fantastic-miracle-spray.html

    I am hoping to bake a gluten free Christmas cake today (for a gift) then get my tree up and maybe some tidy up time in the garden. Enjoy your weekend,

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I think you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how honest you are about your sponsorship - good for you, there are other bloggers out there who could do well to learn from your example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn. I try to give my sponsors value without compromising my own values. I do have wonderful sponsors who really "get" me and despite receiving requests from advertising companies every day, I only accept small or home businesses whose products I genuinely use myself. :- )

      Delete
  4. I love ecostore my partner and daughter both have sensitive skin so it's great for us, I didn't know they sold their hand wash in 5 litre containers, I had been buying the refills from woolworths but think I might go and order some bigger ones :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K, they do the dish liquid in the large container as well. Their products are great for us with sensitive skin. I'm pleased it's working for your family too.

      Delete
  5. Hello, I am fortunate to work around the crn from ecostores hq in freemans bay, Auckland NZ. There little store,( office and workshop) do refills. Which for me helps with my goal of less plastic weates. If you live or work in Auckland cbd it is well work the link bus trip :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting us know that, Yvonne. I'm sure many Auckland readers will take advantage of it.

      Delete
  6. I love the dishwashing liquid and hand wash too. Another great thing about them is you only need a tiny amount to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda I totally endorse what you said about the Ecostore products. I bought some of the laundry liquid today because, with just two weeks until Christmas, my day off was packed so I didn't have time to make my own. The Ecostore product does the job well, doesn't make my hands itchy if I come into contact with it, plus their eco values match mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment today. I love reading your opinions and thoughts. We have built up a wonderfully diverse community here that I'm very proud to be a part of.

A link to your blog will be automatically added to your comment. Please don't add another link to your blog in your comment. Those comments will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...