14 June 2013

Weekend reading

Thanks to everyone who commented on the community workshops I'm doing. Hanno and I will be work out what we can do and I'll post about that on Sunday.  I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

- - - ♥ - - - 

"Cooking is a politician act." - Michael Pollan on his new book Cooked - A Natural History of Transformation

A conversation with David Holmgren on Radio National - audio file

Samuel Alexander from the Simplicity Institute has written a book of fiction about the catastrophic collapse of society and the rebuilding of it using a simple sustainable model. Titled Entropia: Life Beyond Industrial Civilisation, it's available in print and Kindle versions. More info here.





FROM THE COMMENTS HERE DURING THE WEEK

Cassandra @ stitchandsewcreates

Jusmom1 @ UggaBear Cottage

Margo @ Thrift at Home
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Thanks for the link on mending knitting. I read it with interest because I have a couple of things I need to repair. I've been meaning to ask you though, do you know how to darn? That link suggested I re-knit the toe but as an inexperienced knitter I'd rather darn it. The socks took me so long to knit that I don't want to risk undoing them. I have Nana's darning mushroom but don't know where to start. I'd love you to do a post on darning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommended reading...I will be checking out cooking as a political act.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig