DOWN TO EARTH SIMPLE LIVING FORUMS

DOWN TO EARTH SIMPLE LIVING FORUMS
I have a forum attached to my blog where people from all over the world meet to discuss simple life. There are over 8000 forum members now so we have an enormous amount of good information about growing food, cooking from scratch, family, simple living, routines, budgeting, baking and much more. Please click on the image above to go there. Newcomers will have to register. It's free, friendly and we're waiting for you.

14 June 2013

Weekend reading

Thanks to everyone who commented on the community workshops I'm doing. Hanno and I will be work out what we can do and I'll post about that on Sunday.  I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

- - - ♥ - - - 

"Cooking is a politician act." - Michael Pollan on his new book Cooked - A Natural History of Transformation

A conversation with David Holmgren on Radio National - audio file

Samuel Alexander from the Simplicity Institute has written a book of fiction about the catastrophic collapse of society and the rebuilding of it using a simple sustainable model. Titled Entropia: Life Beyond Industrial Civilisation, it's available in print and Kindle versions. More info here.





FROM THE COMMENTS HERE DURING THE WEEK

Cassandra @ stitchandsewcreates

Jusmom1 @ UggaBear Cottage

Margo @ Thrift at Home

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link on mending knitting. I read it with interest because I have a couple of things I need to repair. I've been meaning to ask you though, do you know how to darn? That link suggested I re-knit the toe but as an inexperienced knitter I'd rather darn it. The socks took me so long to knit that I don't want to risk undoing them. I have Nana's darning mushroom but don't know where to start. I'd love you to do a post on darning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommended reading...I will be checking out cooking as a political act.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment today. I love reading your opinions and thoughts. We have built up a wonderfully diverse community here that I'm very proud to be a part of.

A link to your blog will be automatically added to your comment. Please don't add another link to your blog in your comment. Those comments will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...