CLICK THE BANNER TO GO TO THE FORUM

11 November 2012

Introducing my new sponsor - Maleny Dairies

I'd like to introduce my new sponsor to you, Maleny Dairies, which is owned and operated by the Hopper family. This dairy is in the Blackall Range very close to our home. We started drinking Maleny Dairies milk ten years ago, when they built their own processing plant and first started processing their own milk. The dairy itself is as old as me and has kept Guernsey cows since 1948 (good year that). Currently, all their products are from the milk of six local herds and it's bottled fresh at the processing plant on their farm.  They also keep goats and sell goats' milk.

This is a genuine photo of part of Maleny Dairies' Guernsey herd. It's not a fake publicity shot you sometimes see on some milk advertisements. The cows graze on these rolling hills and just over the cow's ear, in that white building, is the processing plant.

I often drive by the dairy and it's very reassuring to me, and I'm sure to other local residents as well, to see contented cows eating grass and roaming around in the sunshine. Knowing that our dairy products come from cows that are well treated and so healthy gives me the confidence to use these products exclusively and to give them to my grandsons to drink as well. Only the best for Alex and Jamie! 

Maleny Dairies added another string to its bow recently.  You can now have your child's birthday party at the dairy, click here for more details. What a great way to celebrate - the children have interesting things to see and do and you can bring along party food and give the kids flavoured milks to drink. It's much better for them than the fizzy stuff. The dairy also conducts tours of the dairy where you can sample some of their products. More details about times here. You'll find Maleny Dairies at 70 McCarthy's Road Maleny and if you're passing by, drop in to the kiosk. They have the full range of products there at very good prices.

I have visitors coming for lunch tomorrow and I'm making butter from Maleny Dairies Guernsey cream to have with our fresh homemade bread. It's a simple process of beating the cream until it turns into butter. I'll also have real buttermilk for a special cake I'm baking too. I'll take some photos and show the process during the week.

To read more about this wonderful local business, go to the Maleny Dairies website or Face book page.


16 comments:

  1. How happy and natural does that cow look, and how serene those rolling green hills are. Just like it should be! The area I live in was a dairy area but there are no dairy farms anymore, and none for at least 100 kilometres or more, as far as I have been able to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the illusion they aim for. What happens to the bobbies I ask?

      Delete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    What a wonderful sound listening to the rain last night and yesterday filling our water tank (almost as good as the silent sound of the sun on our solar panels on other days)! I'm in Brisbane, everything looks so clean and refreshed..
    Melindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for contented cows, Rhonda. We feel so blessed to spoil our Matilda, here on our farm. Thank you for encouraging farmers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like the taste of fresh milk - so creamy! You are blessed to live so close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the only milk we buy Rhonda, we love it. I used to drive past here often when my daughter went to high school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love companies like this , we have Udder Farm here. This post is so pertinent though because there are things happening to the big chain milks that we don't even know about . A dairy farmer was telling me recently that for Dairy Farmers(the company) to write a '3 % protein rating on their milk bottles that the processing plant gets all the milk together and seperates it all(into water , protein etc.) and then puts it all back together again. I am so glad we still have real dairies like this one. If you live in an area that has a 'real dairy processor' ....support them or there will be no 'real milk ' left for us to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word comes to mind ... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how lucky you are, Rhonda, to have such a great dairy nearby! i so wish we had something similar around here :(
    Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a local dairy and I love visiting it. The milk is so much better and fresher than the other milk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing place, I wish we had something like that over here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Maleny Dairies, we have driven up a few times from Brisbane just to visit. We love doing the farm tours and of course bringing home the milks, yoghurts and custards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, we buy Maleny Dairies milk at Coles here in Brisbane. My daughter loves it. So rich and creamy, no doubt great for growing bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since I don't shop at Coles I order my Maleny Full Cream Milk from Go Vita Health food shop in Wynnum, Brisbane. We love it and any extra I use to make Yoghurt or Labna.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Rhonda- My family also started a dairy farm around 1948 in the mountains of Pennsylvania. The milk was also processed and bottled on the farm. It was such a thrill as a child to watch the glass milk bottles jiggle along the conveyor belt and then get filled with milk and capped! My mother and her family delivered the milk to homes and stores in the outlying areas. Fifty years later I was able to purchase the homestead and have been restoring the house, but sadly the barn, dairy, etc. are all gone. Today the glass milk bottles with our family name on them bring between $250- $1200.00 at auction! It's nice to know that Maleny Dairies kept their dairy- what a thrill for children to celebrate their birthdays there! Thank-you for bringing back so many wonderful memories with your article.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and everything. Nevertheless
    just imagine if you added some great images or
    video clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images
    and video clips, this blog could undeniably be one of the best in its niche.
    Terrific blog!

    Feel free to visit my website ... http://Www.swnation.com/home/others/internet-money-path-review-28976.htm

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I read every comment and reply when I have the time.

Please don't link to anything commercial or to your own blog unless there is a specific post you want readers to see. Your blog name sitting at the top of your comment links back to you, so we can all follow that trail back to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...