I have a forum attached to my blog where people from all over the world meet to discuss simple life. There are over 8000 forum members now so we have an enormous amount of good information about growing food, cooking from scratch, family, simple living, routines, budgeting, baking and much more. Please click on the image above to go there. Newcomers will have to register. It's free, friendly and we're waiting for you.

7 August 2009

And the winners are ...

Congratulations to the following readers who each won an Envirosax bag:
  • Angela Jiniel
  • Charis
  • Bel
  • MamaRose
  • Rachel Read
Please send me your postal details (rhondahetzelATgmailDOTcom) over the weekend so I can send them on to the Envirosax people who will send the bags out.


  1. Congratulations to the winners... :)
    Rhonda I have been reading your blog for a few months and I have also back read as far as it goes and I just want to let you know that because of you and your life and family, my life and family have changed dramatically...for the better of course. Just a quick question, do you have a recpie for lemon butter or other recipes to use lemons as we have an overabundance of lemons and I don't think neighbours, friends and strangers can put up with anymore of us even giving them away. I have frozon alot of juice but would love to use some for recipes now.


  2. Hello, just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your wonderful post, thank you - I'm really loving your blog too !

  3. Congratulations Winners!!! Thank you Rhonda for hosting this giveaway and for the wealth of information you provide to us :) You are much appreciated!!!


  4. Hello everyone, thank you.

    Danielle, my recipe for lemon butter is here:

    However, it will only use up a cup of juice. The best thing is to freeze it and you're already doing that. Then you'll have juice for cordial during summer. Lemon cordial will use a lot of juice. It's easy to make. Mix equal p[arts sugar with water (4 cups sugar to 4 cups of water) to make a simple sugar syrup - when this has cooled down, add equal parts syrup to lemon juice. Dilute with iced water to drink. Store in the fridge.

    I made five jars of lemon butter yesterday and will have to start juicing lemons for freezing soon. All our lemons are still on the tree.

  5. Congrats to the winners!!! Rhonda, just wanted to tell you that I made the dog biscuits today and our dog, Winslow, is most appreciative!! :) Silke

  6. Congratulations to the winners...

  7. Rhonda - I too love your blog. My middle child and I made your dog biscuits today, we used peanut butter and crushed garlic. She loved the cutting out and the dogs definitely appreciate the results. Thank you - Louisa

  8. Congratulations to all the winners!

    Danielle and Rhonda, I have been using a recipe for Microwave Lemon Curd that is foolproof, quick, great texture and taste! I know this makes smaller batches but they are very quick to make one right after another!

    2-3 lemons
    1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 eggs

    1) Finely grate thin outer rind of lemons. Squeeze lemons. Measure 1/2 cup lemon juice into a 4-cup microwavable container.

    2) Stir in rind, butter and sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on High for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture is hot.

    3) Beat eggs in a bowl. Gradually add hot lemon mixture to eggs, stirring constantly. Return mixture to the microwavable container and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. (Do not allow it to boil; mixture will thicken as it cools). Let cool.

    4) Pour curd into a tightly sealed container. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.

    Makes 1 2/3 cups

    It's wonderful to be able to freeze in 1 and 2 cup quantities and pull out to make tarts, mini-tarts or lemon butter for scones or toast. Hope you try it!

    Julie in Arizona


Thank you for your comment today. I love reading your opinions and thoughts. We have built up a wonderfully diverse community here that I'm very proud to be a part of.

A link to your blog will be automatically added to your comment. Please don't add another link to your blog in your comment. Those comments will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...