DOWN TO EARTH SIMPLE LIVING FORUMS

DOWN TO EARTH SIMPLE LIVING FORUMS
I have a forum attached to my blog where people from all over the world meet to discuss simple life. There are over 8000 forum members now so we have an enormous amount of good information about growing food, cooking from scratch, family, simple living, routines, budgeting, baking and much more. Please click on the image above to go there. Newcomers will have to register. It's free, friendly and we're waiting for you.

4 June 2009

Introducing the Butterfly Loom

The are many of us here who like making things from scratch. We sew, knit and crochet, now we can use a butterfly loom. I'm pleased to introduce my new sponsor - The Butterfly Loom.

This loom is amazing. It reminds me a bit of the French knitting I did when I was a child and the little spools we made from old cotton reels. But I'll let Carolyn explain:
If the fear of knitting needles and learning intricate jargon such as "Knit one, purl two" kept you from hooking up with the latest knitting craze, The Butterfly Loom has the perfect, no-fail product - The Magic Board. If you love to knit and crochet and want to add something mystical and magical to your project, incorporate a motif you have created on the Board amongst your knitting and crochet - and wait for the compliments!!

This is a craft that would be enjoyed by people of all ages, including children. I think it would be a wonderful introduction to craft for boys or girls. But take it a bit further and you could be making rugs, Shawls, afghans, scarves or bags. There are many patterns and project photos on the site, and take a look at Carolyn's video on how to use the Butterfly Loom; it shows just how easy it is.

Carolyn also has a wonderful blog full of projects and photos of things she has made. It's well worth a visit.

9 comments:

  1. When I click on Butterfly Loom to have a look it takes me to Mama4Earth instead. Some little glitch maybe?

    Shelagh C. in Houston
    camby@swbell.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fixed now, Shelagh. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for bringing this to our attention.
    I watched the Butterfly Loom video and it's wonderful and something to add to my crafting for easy to do projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhonda,
    Now the Mama4Earth link isn't working :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever little gadget! I think my craft tools stash is going to get just a little bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool little tool - definately one for the kids too as the finished product comes after a small amount of work - instant gratification! I'll be looking at getting some for my homeschooled girls. Thank you for promoting this product Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely one for my daughter who can't quite get the hang of knitting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to knitting- what is French knitting?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment today. I love reading your opinions and thoughts. We have built up a wonderfully diverse community here that I'm very proud to be a part of.

A link to your blog will be automatically added to your comment. Please don't add another link to your blog in your comment. Those comments will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...