12 October 2008

A bit of swap news and links

Hello all. We are wrapping up the swap soon. I will be posting some new photos tomorrow on our flickr site and would like for two lost swap buddies to contact me-(cdetroyes at yahoo dot com) so we can finish up except for a few photos. Would Pamela M who is partnered with Tracy G please e-mail me and e-mail Tracy, and would Lindsey, who is partnered with Lisa (the tin house) e-mail me and Lisa. I will leave you with an interesting link that give ideas and a few tutorials for handmade holiday gifts. There are some really great ideas there!
http://handmadehomeschool.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/handmade-holidays/
Another site has some great explanations on natural body products that can be given as gifts or used by yourself: http://www.naturalbeautyworkshop.com/my_weblog/2008/10/creating-all-na.html For those techies there is this tutorial that is a great gift idea: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2008/09/how-to-make-a-charging-basket.html and do take the time to check out oh fransson's blog-there are beautiful quilts and great explanations on how to make them!!
For the kitchen here are two links that are fun and useful :http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/09/26/oven-mitt-pattern/ and http://mybyrdhouse.blogspot.com/2008/09/scrappy-hot-pad-tutorial.html Enjoy and don't forget that there are many ideas out there! Sharon
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Sharon, I'm not sure if my comment last night might have arrived too late - but I still have not received my swap, nor heard if my parcel (posted to the UK airmail in August) ever arrived. My swap partner was Lindsey, and I am Lisa (the tin house). Anyway, I've emailed Lindsey a few times without reply so I'm hoping she's ok and that something will arrive for me sometime soon.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa-e-mail me and I will check on it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in San Francisco. A world away from you. But I want to tell you that I think you are amazing: you write beautifully (and from the heart), you share valuable information, and you encourage a lifestyle that could benefit us all. I wish I knew you.

    Please keep up your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the wonderful links. I will be making all of my Christmas gifts this year. . . due to budget cuts :)

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, I have emailed you several times about my missing swap partner but maybe they have got lost in the ether.
    I have not heard from her and as she lives in Houston wondered if you had as I am worried due to the hurricane that hit over there.I am Jo and her name is Melanie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon - I still haven't heard from my swap partner, Maggie - and the emails I have sent have come back as undeliverable. Not sure if it's my server or hers.
    Thanks
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great links!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig