24 May 2008

Swap News

The link to our photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/down-to-earth_swap_photos/ from Annet to Julie (above) and from Glenda to Nancy (below)
Hello ladies. I hope everyone is having or preparing for a relaxing week-end. Here in the US, we are celebrating Memorial Day, a time we remember our fallen soldiers and the start of the summer holiday season. I would like to wish everyone here in the US a safe holiday. The Seed Swap is going quite well, and I hope everyone will receive their seeds in the next week (Mindy-yours will be posted Tuesday). The Shopping Tote Swap is finishing up, but I am missing quite a few photos to post on our flickr photostream . If you have received your tote and have not sent me a photo, please try to get one off to my e-mail as soon as you can so I can post it with the others (my e-mail is: cdetroyes at yahoo dot com). There are a couple of you who have sent me photos that I could not upload to flickr. If you notice that your photo is not there and you have sent it to me, please re-send it in jpeg format. I also would like to know if everyone has received their parcel, as I know of several problems, some with lost parcels in the mail and some with buddies who have sent their parcels late. If you have not received yours, please e-mail me and let me know your swap buddy's name. I will try to sort out all the problems in the next week. The Shopping Tote Swap was a large swap, and usually with that many swappers we have a few glitches that I need to fix. The photos are two of the last tote photos that I have received. Tomorrow I will talk about some changes we will be making to the next swap, to better fit into our simple lives.
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Sharon,
    Another big "thank you" for all of your hard work organizing such a big swap. I cherish my tea cozy and tote bag, and I have loved meeting new people in blogland. You are a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, that's so sweet of you to say-now I'm embarrassed. I love organizing the swaps and have made such dear friends doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Mary for acknowledging Sharon's hard work. She and Lorraine work on the swaps and I appreciate both of them very much.
    And yes, Sharon is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, my swap partner was Wendy Snow, I havent recieved her bag yet, dont think she has recieved mine either.Both were posted about the same time

    Gill Didsbury

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gill-could you e-mail me-if it went overseas it could be taking a longer time. Thanks Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine-you are my right hand and dear friend-I couldn't get the swaps done without you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the swap - I'm so grateful too, especially since you kindly paired me up with an alternative partner when the first fell through. Since then I've made 6 (!) more tote bags for myself to use for my grocery shopping and I tell everyone I made them myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS Sharon - I'm afraid the flickr link doesn't seem to be working right now... though it might just be my PC being slow?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also really enjoyed this swap and so appreciate all the hard work that goes into organizing such a venture! I am excited for the next one (whatever it will be!) LOL!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. The link should now be working! Ahh, the joys of technology!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    I was one of the double swappers, I have received my bag from Bel but not from Rebecca, if it is lost in post I still have the receipt so could track it down at post office. I have sent mine on the closing date.
    Thank you for organising the swap! I LOVE my bag and use it everyday!!!
    Ania

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooops what I meant is "if Becky hasn't got mine either I still have the receipt so I could try and trace it" :-) sorry I have 2 young people helping me type.

    Ania

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ania-please e-mail me so I can sort all this out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharon

    I'm afraid I still can't get into the flickr link. Is there a specific tag you used for the swap photos so that maybe I can get to them from the flickr homepage?

    Sorry to be a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sharon and Rhonda Jean
    I do appreciate you organising the swaps so much, I only got my bag away to Denise on Saturday morning. I did not take a photo of it but I will send in a photo of the lovely bag that Denise sent me.

    Many thanks again, it is fun to take part in the swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fixed the link-again-hopefully it is working now:).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the link - I really enjoyed seeing all the bags...

    StephB if you're reading, I think ours hold up pretty well among the 'professional' offerings! ;)

    Thanks again Sharon and Lorraine (and Rhonda) for a really fun swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello girls! It would be lovely to see a photo or two of the bags that Rhoda and her swap partner made....please!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry, spelling...I meant Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig