19 April 2008

Weekend reading

I am ever grateful that I have so many returning readers, the number grows every week. It's amazing. In the interests of sharing, I've come up with a number of blogs you may not have discovered yet but I think are worth checking out. It's the weekend, get yourself a cup of tea and relax for a while. And me? I'm going out to the garden.
Nadine has the perfect chocolate brownie recipe for children who don't eat vegetables.
Niki is celebrating her 200th post - we missed out on the giveaway but check out Niki's blog. It's a beauty.
And speaking of beauty, check out Pebbledash's blog for the beautiful photos and gentle feeling of it. Happy birthday Diana.
Meredith at Like Merchant Ships is away for a few days because she's waiting on a laptop cable, but check out her archives, you won't be disappointed.
There is a baby bottle plastics warning over at Morning Ramble.
Chickens are inspecting the new artichokes at La Ferme de Sourrou
It's not easy being green has a very helpful forum.
A foothill home companion is talking compost and bread.
Lacy from Razor Family Farm has a million things to check out and a new blog.
Don't forget Robbyn who is Homesteading the Back Forty, she always has something interesting the share.
Tracy is talking about feeding the family frugally.
Diana hs reminded me it's International Downshifting Week 19 - 25 April. Check out the Green Family Blog while you're there.
AND! the wonderful Tameson is talking about how to knit socks on her very interesting blog. Thanks Tameson.

Thank you for stopping by and for the comments left this week. Enjoy your weekend.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Rhonda, thanks so much for mentioning my give-away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda!

    Thank you so much for listing InterNational Downshifting Week and I know your readers will connect with much of great advice that you give out on your Down To Earth blog!

    Wishing you well, have a great weekend,

    Tracey x
    Founder of Interational Downshifting Week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, thanks so much for the birthday wishes, and for mentioning my blog! Happy weekend, Diana x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Rhonda! Your blog is a daily stop for both my husband and myself. In fact, he'll just start a sentence with "guess what Rhonda said on her blog today...?" and such. Thank you for sharing your insights and daily happenings; we're the better for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reading list. We have been packing and sorting like mad. Two weeks until we move. I gave myself permission today to spend a few extra minutes at the computer perusing some of the blogs you recommended.

    I am so thankful for all the 'stores' of food we have had. I've hardly had to go to the grocery store at all over the past few months as we are eating up what we have stored.

    Then when we move, we get to start stocking up all over again. And building a bigger, better garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too sweet!

    I'm sorry I haven't dropped in the last few days. We've been attending adoption meetings. We're so excited, Rhonda!

    Originally, I had gone through all the classes by myself (while the husband was in Iraq). Now my husband can go too. We can't wait!

    I just love your blog... sigh. You know that you are my blogging hero! without fail, I arrive at your blog and within just a few lines, the stress and strain of daily life washes away. Your peaceful prose is so soothing.

    Blessings and thanks!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig