27 October 2007

Sweet nurturing

There have been many times in my life when I've felt like giving up, but being the queen of stubborness, I refuse to do it. Once I've made a commitment to something, I usually do it. That's not a wonderful virtue, it's just plain mule stubborness. I'm changing that because today, even though I have work to do, I'm not doing it. I'm really tired, so today I'm looking after Rhonda Jean.

I guess the two weeks with my sister here and some extra work I've been doing have taken their toll. I came home from a work meeting at 6.30pm yesterday and I felt as if the life force had been drained out of me. I don't feel any better this morning after a good night's sleep. I feel like falling down in a heap. I need rest. I don't need more sleep, I just need to rest and not do anything. My mind needs a break. Today I will do nothing.

I intend to make breakfast, look around the garden then sit on the front verandah and either read or stitch. I have my second curtain to do and I don't see that as work - it's pure pleasure. All thoughts of what we're having for dinner, ironing, gardening or cleaning, are all being thrown out the door today. Today I will clear my mind, gather my strength, rest and be mindful of the sweet nurturing I'm laying on myself.
This is what I was going to do. Mend a skirt and a little cardigan that has come away from the edging. They're sitting in my sewing room silently awaiting their repairs.
And I was going to sort through this basket of fabric that Tricia brought with her. There is a lot of good fabric in here that will go towards two quilts I want to make for the guest rooms. It won't run away. I'll do it next week. : )
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. We all need time to renourish our soul. In my very hectic life, one of way for me, is to listen to Billie Holiday while driving from here to there. A long hot shower, is another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda Jean, your plan sounds like good medicine to me. Bless you, I hope you feel re-energized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. I've been sick the past week so hopefully will take the weekend and be back to myself again. Must be the time of year for feeling bad.

    Take care

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tending to your own health is needful. Enjoy your day of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda,

    I am so happy that you were honest about your day. I haven't felt very good the last few days. I was wondering how you dealt with days like these. I have been trying to keep myself busy, then I feel worse.

    I guess we all have our off days.

    You are such a blessing!


    Renee

    From Ky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your day is restful, and you can find your way back to that place of calm and energy Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a nanna nap!



    .....nothin' wrong with a nanna nap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I think you have to just do a "brain dump" and let everything go. In fact I think I may need to do that this weekend!

    I love your sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful plan to me. I hope you enjoy your day and feel a little better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Age does have a way of bringing you to the point of tiredness that you probably didn't experience when your were younger. At almost 65 I find I need those do nothing days often. Take another if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda- take care of yourself this weekend!! Take a nice long nap, curl up with a good book and a cup of tea and let the rest of the world go by. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, there is always next week - not everything needs to be done today! Take care of yourself first :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Days like that are such a pleasure, and especially when you have been busy, worked hard, and know you "deserve" it...enjoy recharging your batteries, have a wonderful day!
    blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Rhonda;

    I hope you feel rested and ready to tackle your day at your own pace.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Blessings,

    maria s.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig