27 October 2007

A nanna nap

I'm feeling much better this afternoon. It's almost 4 o'clock and I've had the most blissfully lazy day. I even had a sleep, yes duckie, a nanna nap. ; ) I told Hanno I was having a lie down at 9am! The last thing I remember was watching the curtain blowing in the breeze and then I was sound asleep for two hours. I made some fresh juice when I woke up, then drew my second curtain pattern and started stitching. This slow and loopy day has been just what I needed. I think we forget sometimes that we need to take a break from our chores. Working as we do here at home we don't really have days off. The work isn't what you'd call hard work, but it's consistent.

I've just been out to the garden to pick lettuce, radishes, beans, cucumber, parsley and onion for our dinner tonight. I've boiled some eggs and will make some potato salad too. I also cut up a pineapple, added four peeled oranges and water to it and processed it in the blender. That's now in a glass jug, sitting in the freezer, and we'll drink the fresh juice icy cold with our meal.

And now I'm going to start a ginger beer plant so I can make some ginger beer next week. We've no lemons on the tree right now and all the frozen juice has been used, so water and ginger beer will cool us down on those hot days coming soon.

Thank you all for stopping by today. I love my little blog community. : ) I hope you all enjoy the weekend.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely day Rhonda.

    I have spent today at a cooking class, Indian Vegetarian, sooo yummy.

    I'm still learning how to be in the moment and to empty my mind and let things go. It's not an easy lesson for me, but I won't give up. Unfortunately with all the children's commitments it won't happen this weekend.

    cheers lenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better, Rhonda Jean.

    (Wildside)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better today Rhonda. Volunteer work can be just as exhausting as the paid stuff; even more so at times, can't it? It sounds like you have done the right thing, taking time out from ordinary things to recharge yourself.

    I love nanna naps. They have restored my sanity many times over these child-bearing years.

    Hugs,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better, rhonda. Looking forward to reading about your days as they warm up, just as mine are cooling down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RJ, I've been having nanna naps whenever I can since I was born! My only quibble with them is I can't have them more often!!! Enjoy the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just what the doctor ordered! I love the photo of the milk, milk can etc on your side bar, did you take it?
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you can go to sleep that quickly and easily and stay asleep for that length of time, then you REALLY needed it. Sounds like you caught up on some much needed rest.
    Hope today is just as productive for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will be having a nanna nap later. Its just a day where I don't seem to have the energy to get things done. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right - sometimes it's important to slow down; we mustn't forget to do that from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are tune with your body enough to listen when it tells you that you need to reat. A lot of us push past the tiredness and just run ourselves into a perpetual state of tired. As I grow older I have learned this lesson! I'm not one who can "nanna nap" as I feel groggy for the rest of the day, but I have learned to go to ed earlier if I need to.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig